- THE UP SERIES: It follows the lives of 14 children through their lives interviewing them every seven years. It’s amazing to see how they change and where they go. It shows that personality traits do not tend to be very static. Being introverted at 18 doesn’t determine how you’ll be at 32. A girl on there around 20 was totally against having a family and was very cynical about relationships and marriage. Next interview, she was happily wed with children. I link you to 7 UP, which is the first documentary in the series.
- QUEEN OF VERSAILLES:If you have any interest in the SUPER RICH of America and how absolutely delusional they can be, then this documentary will blow your mind. It’s a great window into the lives of people who literally have everything a person could need. Even when they loose everything, they’re entirely incapable of believing that they’re a normal citizen.
- THE ACT OF KILLING: One review describes it as: “This is the most gut-wrenching film I’ve ever seen. It actually makes you understand the nature and true face of evil, and it’s terrifying because it’s so, so normal. After watching it you know that in some other life, you could be him.”
- BABIES: It shows the different ways, different cultures raise their children. It shows how different but similar we all are at the end. They documentary follows 4 different babies, from Mongalia, to Tokyo, to Namibia and then the U.S
- INSIDE NORTH KOREA: An eye-opening film that shows you the truth about a hidden country
- TOUCHING THE VOID: A documentary about two mountain climbers who have an accident on their way back. As one review described it: “Better than any fictional suspense film. Just unreal. You know throughout that the two climbers lived because you’re sitting there watching them narrate, but at times you just can’t believe it.”
- THE COVE: A 2009 documentary film that analyzes and questions dolphin hunting practices in Japan. One review described it as “an impeccably crafted, suspenseful expose of the covert slaughter of dolphins in Japan.”
- THIS IS WHAT WINNING LOOKS LIKE: The documentary follows U.S. Marines as they train Afghan security forces, showing their ineptitude, drug abuse, sexual misconduct, and corruption as well as the reduced role of US Marines due to the troop withdrawal.
- BBC PLANET EARTH (All 11 Episodes): An HD exploration of our world. You’ll just love everything about this, trust me.
- JESUS CAMP: About a Christian summer camp, where children spend their summers being taught that they have “prophetic gifts” and can “take back America for Christ”. This documentary led to the shut down of this summer camp.
You may also like 10 Disturbing Documentaries
Feel free to add to this list!
HELP US FINALLY MEET!
Me and my boyfriend, Jadyn, have been dating for close to two years now. The problem? It’s been strictly long distance due to money issues. We desperately need to see eachother. We’re both going insane.
As a result, we are opening a joint commission project in order for our dream to come to fruition. I will be traveling to his location, and I need to raise $1000 to do so. It’s very difficult for me to save money past commissions because I work a low wage job and I need to also save for college.
With every piece you order, you will also be sent a special gift from the both of us at absolutely no extra charge.
You can either commission one of us individually, or you can commission both of us to work on the same piece (for the same price.)
(Donations are also very gladly accepted.)
Single Character Art:
$8 for Lineart
$10 for either flat colors or ONLY shading
$12 for full color and shading
[Add $5 for each additional character and $5 for a background]
Full Art Pieces:
$18 for Lineart
$25 for either flat colors or ONLY shading
$32 for full color and shading
[The price may also increase if the piece in question is higly complicated, though it will not go over $35]
$2 for one sticker, which includes full color and shading. Size 200x200px
Each sticker comes with a clear background so you can stick them anywhere you want!
Things not shown on the template:
GIF images: .50c per frame. Add another .50c for color
Written work: $3 per page of content, point 12 font, single space.
PHYSICAL (Pencil only) ART: Add cost of supplies and postage to above price ranges.
We are both open to ANY kind of art (excluding nsfw work).
To contact us, simply email us at GenaAndJadynArt@gmail.com . Please mention in the email who you want to hire, and we’ll happily work with you!
We accept USD ONLY. We will complete your piece before we are paid, but the piece will not be sent to you until the transaction is complete. We will, of course, keep you updated with the status of your work.
Please help out both of us. For us to meet would be an absolute dream come true. Think of it as helping a little love story take wing.
I was on the toilet with that last ask I answered so I decided to actually sit and try to help the best way I can. Anon, I’m still in an art rut especially with anatomy and I’m totally not the best with it, but let me link all of you to some things I like to look at on my spare time.
I don’t have any anatomy art books, so I wouldn’t know who to recommend, but I DO have a lot of youtube videos I watch. Here’s some that might prove usefeul::
How to Draw: Foreshortening with the Coil Technique
How to draw twisting forms
My favorite books that I have on hand to practice gestures/anatomy with ARE MY HOLY BIBLES.
This one has a wide variety of body types and therefore is my fav…the chubs….>:3
The main idea to keep your gestures from looking stiff is to remember the line of action
ALSO SERIOUSLY JUST GOOGLE ANYTHING from man butts to back to arms to head angles if you cannot sit in a figure drawing class like me. Here’s a short gif of my process to sketching a quick figure
I’M STILL LEARNING MYSELF and it’s fun to practice with friends!! I also enjoy playing around with styles, majorly disney artists such as glen keane
Edit: Pixelovely is a good gesture drawing site
Did someone say jumping Sherlock?
I bought my friend an elephant for their room.
They said “Thank you.”
I said “Don’t mention it.”
Is there a joke here that 15 thousand people get but I don’t?
Good golly Miss Molly!
That was tricky! Her nose is an impossible shape!
Ok sooo I’ve been asked by quite a few people if I could so Molly Hooper from Sherlock…buttt I don’t have a white coat so use your imagination XD
Anywho a few Sherlock cosplayers I know wanted me to try Molly for a supposed future cosplay group shot thing…I dunno…I’ll find out closer to the time :)
So here’s some Molly Hooper makeup and hair tests :) (BBC Sherlock) :)
<3 #sherlock #sherlockcosplay #wip #mollyhooper #mollyhoopercosplay #makeuptest #makeupandhair
^ The father cat is trying to teach his little ones how to fight.
Oh. I thought he was like “CHILDREN! Stop squabbling this instant! You keep doing this! Your mother and I are exhausted!! Enough, kiddos!”
set of nostalgia drawings by gabriel picolo. i don’t think i have enough space on my tumblr for all his works that i’d like to post.
these are incredible
The samuria jack one tho. Woah
I’m so proud of you, babe! <3 It’s a huge first step :3 I love you.
I love you too! Thanks, and thank you for being there for me and helping me calm down and figure things out. <3
It’s my pleasure. Merit is all yours, though. <3
The difference between bisexuality and pansexuality: a powerpoint guide.
… but….why put the my little ponies in there…….
1. Because they match the color scheme of the pride flags
2. I like ponies.
3. It reenforces the light and cheerful tone of the overall powerpoint.
This is probably one of the best and least offensive/erasing guides out there and people are complaining about the ponies.
THANK YOU FOR THIS! so many people don’t understand that bi = 1) same/similar genders and 2) other genders. my personal definition of bisexuality is super close to pansexuality, I just like bi as a label for myself more.
Tony trying to be Thor is really cute
Tony trying to be Thor is really cute
Tony trying to be Thor is really cute